Sunday, November 25, 2012

Where's My Shovel?


I wonder if it is healthy to be solitary for extended periods of time? Is it okay to spend so much time in your room reading anything underneath the sun via the Internet and never once feel like venturing outside the room, what more the house? Should you start feeling wary when it becomes a chore to leave the house for any reason whatsoever?

Can it be blamed to age? Lifestyle? What do you think, Miss Dory?

Sometimes I miss the old me. The old me was a bagful of emotional personality. She was often cheerful, loved the outdoors, enjoyed hanging out with friends for whatever reasons, always sought laughter, cried at the silliest and also not-so-silly things, had tantrums whenever she was angry, afraid of failures, proud of successes, reveled in any attention given to her and passionate about living life to the fullest.

I wonder where she has gone to? I try to dig her out from the burrow she banishes herself to, but so far, attempts have been unsuccessful.

Perhaps the present me does not really want to dig out the old me. Perhaps the present me feels there is no reason to keep searching for the old me because the present me is someone she is more comfortable with. What do you think, Miss Dory?

Where's my shovel? Let's just keep on digging, shall we? I'm sure she'll be back when she feels that she wants to, insyaAllah.